It is this part of the Year where all the cool people which are in love in VMware products can again apply for a vExpert title. If you didn’t have a chance to do it in November 2019 now is you chance to do it.
How VMware vExpert program changed me?
I was blogging for about a two Years in a row about VMware products. I’ve read that there is this mythical program called vExpert. I knew that people who were vExperts were VMware gurus. Just to be there would be extremely important. I’ve asked my colleague Maciej Lelusz what to do. He told me everything back then I finally I’ve got the title.
Over the Years as vExpert what struck me the most was how helpful the vExperts are. They are always keen to help, exchange the knowledge and what is most important for me to simply enjoy VMware products.
vExpert Pro is a title to a certain people who are supposed to help existing vExperts and those who would like to apply for this prestigious title in terms of mentoring, advice or simply help.
Fortunately for you I am vExpert Pro so if you have any questions feel free to ask me. You can find as well other vExpert Pro from your country - follow the link vExpert Pro.
How to apply?
To apply simply visit this website VMware vExpert Apply.
Application form is quite easy to fill in so it shouldn’t be difficult task.
How to successfully apply?
Applying for a vExpert role and getting it isn’t always the same. Why? Simply because I’ve reviewed so many vExpert applications and some of them I had to reject.
Please consider to put in your application following information: * What you did for a community? Any events, evangelism, anything which you did outside of your job. * Please include any proof that you did it in form of URL. Event URL, VMUG appearance with link, link to your presentation, whatever URL. This helps a lot and saves my and your time. * Don’t include work activities. Work isn’t considered as community activities.
Why should you apply? Is it worth it?
- You can learn from other vExpert. Slack channel is great tool to share the knowledge.
- Quite often on Slack channel vExpert are looking for other colleges to grow their teams. In post-covid World might be very important.
- Networking! Networking! Networking! - VMware vExpert community is huge and people are fantastic.
- If you are sub-program vExpert you can interact directly with VMware Business Units. Who else will give you a possibility to influence how your next product release will look like?
- VMware licenses.
- Private vExpert sessions with VMware BU’s or other vendors
- Gifts - we all love them :D
- vExpert Party
- VMware Advocacy
vExpert Program Benefits
- Invite to our private #Slack channel
- vExpert certificate signed by our CEO Pat Gelsinger.
- Private forums on communities.vmware.com.
- Permission to use the vExpert logo on cards, website, etc for one year
- Access to a private directory for networking, etc.
- Exclusive gifts from various VMware partners.
- Private webinars with VMware partners as well as NFRs.
- Access to private betas (subject to admission by beta teams).
- 365-day eval licenses for most products for home lab / cloud providers.
- Private pre-launch briefings via our blogger briefing pre-VMworld (subject to admission by product teams)
- Blogger early access program for vSphere and some other products.
- Featured in a public vExpert online directory.
- Access to vetted VMware & Virtualization content for your social channels.
- Yearly vExpert parties at both VMworld US and VMworld Europe events.
- Identification as a vExpert at both VMworld US and VMworld EU.