Quite recently VMware released Workstation 10 with a lot of cool features. I am using it every day at home to play and I really think it is really good product.
Here is the list of new features introduced in version 10:
- New virtual hardware:
- Support for 16 vCPUs, 8 TB SATA disks and 64GB of RAM
- New Virtual SATA disk controller
- Now supporting 20 virtual networks
- USB3 streams support for faster file copying
- Improved application and Windows VM startup times
- SSD Pass through
- Multi monitor support – it supports now 2 to 4 monitors to easier management
- Support for Windows 8.1 for VM’s and Unity
- VMware Workstation web interface
- Ability to use tablet sensors like accelerometer, gyroscope, compass and the ambient light sensor
And many others. For details you can check official VMware website http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/
My experience and skills have been proven by leading vendor certifications like AWS, Alibaba Cloud, VMware, and Microsoft. I contribute to IT community and I received VMware vExpert 2014 - 2017 and VMware vExpert NSX 2017 Award.
My blog wojcieh.net - was voted #43 in Top vBlog 2017 contest!
Do what you love, and you’ll never work another day in your life.
Latest posts by Wojciech Marusiak (see all)
- Top vBlog 2018 is there! - 20 November, 2018
- Zentyal – my new Homelab Swiss Army Knife - 10 October, 2018
- Send VMware backups to the cloud – Altaro Offsite Copies to an Azure Cloud Storage - 18 September, 2018