This is a really happy post. 09.12.2013 I passed VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualization exam with decent score 439/500.
It was a really long journey to pass it. I wrote about it in my previous post https://www.wojcieh.net/upgrade-to-vcp5-dcv-finally-possible/ about the delay in VCP5-DCV certification.
My Certificate looks really cool - huh? 🙂
For people who learn towards VCP, I will provide a list of useful materials to learn from.
VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualization materials
- The Official VCP5 Certification Guide from VMware press written by Bill Ferguson http://www.amazon.com/Official-Certification-Guide-VMware-Press/dp/0789749319 This is your best way to pass VCP. I find this book really interesting because it goes exactly through Exam Blueprint.
- Mastering VMware vSphere 5 written by Scott Lowe http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-VMware-vSphere-Scott-Lowe/dp/0470890800is another really great book to increase knowledge about VMware.
- VMware Mock Exam - This is real life exam with real questions. You can pass it until you hit 100%. Best idea is to select one or two questions with wrong answers so you can practice it all along. Link to VMware Mock Exam is here
- VMware guides are as well quite useful. You can find all documentation here
- VMware Configuration Maximus - comparing to VCP4-DCV there is less focus on this topic. Don’t skip it because you will have to know some things and there will be questions on the exam. Besides that, if you are VMware Expert you should know what you are doing 🙂
- Course material - not so needed. If you did VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage you will not pass after course only. Course is basic foundation to VCP knowledge but you need more resources