Welcome in the next from the Homelab upgrade series. Today as a part of the update we will cover upgrade of NSX 6.2.4 to NSX 6.3.1. VMware NSX 6.3.0 was the first release which supports vSphere 6.5. I already covered upgrade of ESXi 6.0 to 6.5 using different method along with vCenter Server upgrade.
First and most critical part of the upgrade is to check on VMware Product Interoperability Matrix https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/sim/interop_matrix.php#upgrade&solution=93 if the upgrade path is supported.
In my Homelab I am using NSX 6.2.4 Build 4292526 and upgrade to NSX 6.3.1 as a direct upgrade path is supported.
Second and perhaps most critical part of the upgrade is to perform the backup of NSX Manager. Once done let’s start with NSX upgrade.
Upgrade of NSX 6.2.4 to NSX 6.3.1
- Login to NSX Manager and click Upgrade.
- Once again click Upgrade and point to NSX Manager upgrade bundle. Click continue.
- Upgrade bundle upload starts. Once the upload is finished upgrade process will start.
- Upgrade take a while. After few minutes and a reboot, we successfully upgraded NSX 6.2.4 to NSX 6.3.1.
This post showed you how to upgrade existing NSX 6.2.4 to NSX 6.3.1.
My experience and skills have been proven by leading vendor certifications like AWS, Alibaba Cloud, VMware, and Microsoft. I contribute to IT community and I received VMware vExpert 2014 - 2017 and VMware vExpert NSX 2017 Award.
My blog wojcieh.net - was voted #43 in Top vBlog 2017 contest!
Do what you love, and you’ll never work another day in your life.
Latest posts by Wojciech Marusiak (see all)
- Top vBlog 2018 is there! - 20 November, 2018
- Zentyal – my new Homelab Swiss Army Knife - 10 October, 2018
- Send VMware backups to the cloud – Altaro Offsite Copies to an Azure Cloud Storage - 18 September, 2018